Flux RSS Page d'accueil Page d'accueil
Hiking and outdoor activities

Hiking and outdoor activities

The district of Gennes offers many possibilities for hikers to discover its rich environment.

To hike in the Gennois

Walking tours

More than 130km of marked walking tours exist.

Each walking tour has its own leaflet with its description and geographical details.

The mountain bike tour : on the track of megaliths and Cave dwellings

On a 30km tour through Gennes, St Georges-des-Sept-Voies, and le Thoureil, you can see dolmens, standing stones, cave dwellings, panoramas, mansion houses. This route will be appreciated by mountain bike fans!

The tour is registered by the national cycling federation, and you can click here to download its map.

The "Loire à vélo"

This route follows the river and crosses the Loire Valley (listed by UNESCO at the World Heritage), passing by Loire-Atlantique, Anjou, Touraine, Loir-et-Cher, Loiret and Cher. Thanks to the site www.loireavelo.fr, the Loire à vélo will have no more secrets for you.

In the Gennois, the main route (on the south) passes by Le Thoureil, Gennes and Chênehutte-Trêves-Cunault.

There are some other cycling routes nearby. In summer for instance, you can use the path of the "Loire à vélo Nature" between les Rosiers sur Loire and Saumur (on the north side of the river).

The county of Maine et Loire proposes several cycling tours to discover the Anjou. You can find these on the internet site www.anjou-velo.com.

Outside activities for all tastes

On earth, in the air, or in the water, discover the Gennois in a different way


In the Loire river and streams

To fish in the Loire River, you need a licence from the Maine et Loire Fishing federation. You can buy it in Gennes, either at the shop Brico-Gennes or at "Le Café de la Paix".

This licence is valid for most of the streams, but for some of them, such as the Avort, you have to buy a special licence (in addition to the federal licence), available at "Le Café de la Paix".


To fish at the Joreau pond (Gennes), you need the federal licence, and for the pond at Grézillé or the Dronière pond (Louerre), you pay directly to the fishing guard, on the spot.

création sites internet collectivités